Events, Talks and Lectures
London has an extensive series of project and PM events every year which may be of interest to local residents – with their work/life outlooks and professional requirements: or to visitors to incorporate into the timings, arrangements and budgets of their visits; and for students in education or studying for qualifications. Here are a few examples of possible interest:
- APM London Branch events throughout the year – and events in adjacent branches – South, Wessex, Thames Valley, Midlands, East of England.
- APM Annual Conference in spring each year (www.apm.org.uk).
- APM Special Interest Groups (SIGs) events, meetings and conferences – some in London (www.apm.org.uk).
- Including APM Women in Project Management National Conference – in autumn (www.apm.org.uk).
- APM Awards Evening and APM Annual General Meeting both in autumn each year (www.apm.org.uk).
- Project Challenge – a two day conference and exhibition at Olympia in spring and autumn each year (www.projchallenge.com).
- The PMO Conference (pmoconference.co.uk)
- Agile Business Conference (agileconference.org); and events by Agile Business Consortium.
- PMI events in London. (Project Management Institute (UK)).
- EVA events in London – earned value.
- BCS events in London – British Computer Society.
- BISNOW events in London – bisnow.com
- CMI events in London – Chartered Management Institute.
- The RICS, CIOB and other professional bodies have been known to hold events with project management themes or content.
- EcoBuild in March at ExCel, E16 1XL.
- London Marathon.
- Notting Hill Carnival – three days of multicultural, internatinal entertainment and celebration over August bank Holidays – from late 1950s.
- Homebuilding and Renovating Show in September.
- London Build – construction and design show – at Olympia in October.
- The Sleep Event – design, architecture and development of hotels.
- Green Sky Thinking – a week of events with sustainability themes – in spring.
- Future PMO Conference.
- Sustainability themed events.
- NEC (New Engineering Contract) events and other contract, legal and procurement themes.
- Clerkenwell Design Week in May.
- London Fashion Week.
- BFI London Film Festival
- And others; including professional institutions and associations with which visitors may be members; or their own home bodies who may have relationships or understandings with UK bodies.
Many of these events may have CPD usefulness and credits (see section on CPD).
Other sources for Events, Talks and Lectures may be found at our sister site – dash round London.